The Kristals (investment strategy) are based on investment strategy developed by Sabyasachi Paul, a seasoned Indian Equity Research Professional. Sabyasachi is also an experienced blogger, and writes regularly on finance and investing. Kristal Advisors reviews the strategy on an ongoing basis and advises its clients. This is an actively managed portfolio, and is suitable for investors with a high risk appetite who are looking for a long term growth, and have the ability to bear market fluctuations.

THE TORTOISE

The fund has a typical holding of two to five years. 95% of the portfolio is focused on stocks and sectors which look either structurally positive over the next five years or under-valued at current levels due to a correction or cyclical sectors which are close to the bottom of the cycle. The remaining 5% is assigned to stocks related to short term events (usually three to six months), as and when the opportunity arises.

THE TORTOISE- MID & SMALL CAP FUND 

The fund will focus on mid and small cap-companies (categorically companies with market-cap less than INR 10000 Cr.). The portfolio will focus on long term growth in stocks and sectors which look either structurally positive over the next few years or under-valued at current levels due to a correction or cyclical sectors which are close to the bottom of the cycle. It will also look closely at potential multibaggers and the fund could deliver handsome returns even if 2-3 stocks deliver superlative returns. The fund will not invest more than 10% in a single stock to diversify risk.