Your provident fund dues is likely to be processed within 5 days if you apply online and have your Aadhar number connected with the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO).
Employer’s intervention in the process of claims has been done away with in the process of online submission of claims for availing PF withdrawal benefits (Form-19), Pension (Form 10C) and PF Part Withdrawals (Form 31). The pre-requisite being the following:
- For online submission of claims forms, members are required to complete e-KYC on the Unified Portal (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/) for submitting their claims through online mode and such claims will be available in the field office application software. The facility would be available only to those PF members who have linked their KYC (Aadhar number and bank details) against the UAN ( Universal Account Number) which have further been verified digitally by the employer and also from the UID database, and service details are available on the Unified Portal.
- The claim should be submitted online through Composite Claim Forms (Aadhar) for availing the benefit.
Thus the following steps should be completed by you to claims on the member interface:
- You should have an activated Universal Account Number (UAN) (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/)
- Your Aadhar should be linked and verified
- Your bank details have to be linked
- OTP based e-KYC from UIDAI must be completed by you on the portal before submitting the claim
How to link your Aadhaar card and PAN card
How to start a Mutual Fund SIP online…
Sabyasachi Paul has been associated with equity research and advisory on equity markets in India for over 9 years & currently heads the equity research desk of Eastern Financiers Ltd, Kolkata.He also manages a portfolio on the online platform Kristal. Find link to the strategy named ‘The Tortoise’